Top 10 Events at 2019 Manchester Irish Festival
Top Ten Manchester Irish Festival Events
There are over 110 events at this year’s 2019 Manchester Irish Festival which runs from Friday 1st to St Patrick’s Day itself on Sunday 17 March. Here are the Top ten events
1. 2019 Manchester Irish Festival launch in Levenshulme village on Saturday 2 March at 12 noon at Levenshulme Market with a promenade performance by the award winning Fianna Phadraig Irish Pipe Band. The band will stage a short performance at the popular outdoor market before opening up the Levenshulme Pub Company 30th Anniversary exhibition at Fred’s Ale House Art Gallery at 12.30. Admission Free
2. Mayo Association of Manchester Annual Dinner Dance at Lancashire Cricket Club on Saturday 2 March at 7.30pm. Enjoy a sumptuous three course meal before dancing the night away to Irish Country star, Declan Nerney. The Event will be helping to raise funds for the Manchester homeless charity, Cornerstone and Irish Community Care. Tickets are just £40 each and are available from Marcella on 07866736976 or Lawrence on 07771782104.
3. 2019 Cheltenham Festival Preview Night on Tuesday 5 March
Join the Timeform team for an evening of insight into the 2019 Cheltenham festival. Tickets just £10 each which includes:
• Supper of St Kent’s Irish Stew
• Programme & Timeform pens provided for note-taking
• Free Quiz & Raffle – win great free bet prizes!
. £1000 IN FREE BET PRIZES FROM PADDY POWER & BETFAIR
4. Sharon Corr and Vonda Sheppard at the Royal Northern College of Music
Sharon Corr of The Corrs fame returns to this year’s Manchester Irish Festival to perform an Acoustic show with Vonda Sheppard on Friday 8 March
5. 2019 Manchester Irish Festival St Patrick’s Day Parade
Sunday 10 March from the Irish World Heritage Centre at 12 noon to Albert Square arriving just after 1pm
6. Film Screening of Rosie by Roddy Doyle
Chorlton Irish Club on Thursday 14 March
7. The Dublin Legends at the Lowry Theatre
Enjoy the music of the Dubliners performed live by the Dublin Legends on Thursday 14 and Friday 15 March
8. Fianna Phadraig Pipe Band St Patrick’s weekend Shin Dig
This family friendly event features live Irish music from the Fianna Phadraig Pipe Band, the Rambling Boys of Pleasure and an Irish DJ.
9. Womens Heart Weekend featuring BBC Singer Songwriter Claire Mooney and friends on Saturday 16 March plus the 5 piece Traditional Irish Group ‘Moor Irish’ on Sunday 17 March at Fred’s Ale House in the performance gallery. Both concerts are free of charge.
10. St Patrick’s Day Breakfast in aid of Irish Community Care on Sunday 17 March. The breakfast is just a £5 donation to the charity and includes live entertainment from 11am at St Kent’s Irish Club